Pages

What To Do with Chipped Craigslist Furniture

Sunday, November 22, 2015



Have you ever shown up to pick an item from Craigslist and the picture and the item just don’t match? Think of an online dating profile picture that advertises one thing and what was advertised was not promised on the date.
I needed new storage in my living room and went to pick up a cabinet. When I showed up to find pieces missing from the top the seller said, “It’s not of good quality”. I felt like I already committed and paid.
 
 

So what do you do with chipped Craigslist furniture?

1.       Fill the chipped wood (or in this case cardboard-esque material)

Use a stainable wood filler.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
2.       Paint it.

High gloss paint will show more imperfections. I choose darker colors when painting less than ideal wood.
 
 
 

Is it perfect, not quite. But a blemish on a chalkboard painted cabinet versus a hunk of missing cheap cardboard material is much more tolerable.

 

Check back in for the finished product of my chalkboard painted cabinet!

No comments:

Post a Comment