Pages

3 Year Blogging Anniversary

Saturday, October 28, 2017

Technically, my blogging anniversary isn’t for a few more weeks, however, since Baby Long’s due date is the same time I don’t want to tempt fate and miss out on posting about this amazing student!
Mackada has been impressing me since she was in the 6th grade. Now that she is a freshman, she is putting herself out there and trying to make a difference. Besides focusing on her academics and soccer skills, Mackada wants to make a change in her school. She’s noticed that there is a huge gap between breakfast and lunch. Think about waking up and eating around 5:30 am and not getting your lunch till 1pm. How are kids supposed to focus?! She wants to implement a snack cart that would travel room to room and offer kids a mid-morning snack for a small price. She plans to donate her proceeds to hurricane relief.
Mackada is also really into fashion and dressing up, but what kind of fashionista doesn’t have a mirror in their room? About a month ago, I asked her for her thoughts on creating a mirror frame for a “client”. She suggesting metallic colors and lights!
I started by constructing the frame and using a metallic spray paint.
 
 
Then I decided to give the frame a smooth/glasslike look. I used a protective finishing spray called Triple Thick Glaze.
To adhere the wood trim to the mirror I applied Liquid Nails to the back of the pieces and put weight on top of them. I let it sit overnight.
 
I bought string lights at TJ Maxx and figured I would just hang them off the frame freely. After brainstorming with Mackada, she decided to hot glue them around the perimeter.
 
 
I’m so glad we could complete this project together. Go, Mackada!
 
 

1 comment: