Pages

Refreshing Green and Gold Desk

Saturday, November 15, 2014


 

Negative: Low budget for a spare bedroom

Positive: Green and gold are fabulous!
 
My sister-in-law came to live with us for a few months and I wanted to refresh her room with a custom set of furniture.

How I made my positive:
The desk: Sanding, priming, painting, sealing. I used pulls from a previous project but spray painted them gold.


 
 
 







The corkboard: First, I tacked lace fabric on top of the corkboard and spray painted it gold. Then I painted the trim green.

 
 


The chair: Cleaned the chair and dismantled the bottom. Cut new cushion and fitted the pink jersey fabric overtop. Stapled the fabric to the base and reconstructed the chair.









What I love: A client fell in love with the chair and bought that item alone for her daughter.

What I would change: Personally, the green was not for me, but it was unique to that person’s style, which is yet another positive. Another client HAD to have the desk due to the color. I had to outfit her with a new chair to match her style.
Status: SOLD
 


After my sister-in-law moved out, I wanted to update the space to something more my style. My home office is currently in progress; My deadline is the new year, so check back for updates!

So what do you think? Are you loving this green? Do you use color in your design? Leave me warm or cold feedback below.

No comments:

Post a Comment