Pages

Romantic White Bedroom Set

Saturday, November 29, 2014


Negative: No idea how to antique furniture

Positive: Romantic Bedroom Set

How I made my positive:

I bought a standard set of furniture I’ve seen a million times. When I look for furniture I look for pieces with good bones, a solid structure.

Painting the furniture white was about all I wanted to tackle, but I’ve always longed for a romantic European feel in my home. My dream destination is Paris, even though so far all I have learned to say is “un garcon” (little boy) and I’m not quite sure how that will help me tour France… but it’s a start. I wanted to antique the furniture a bit which I knew I could do with some glaze and light sanding.

Before:
 
 
 

During:
 
 
 
 
 
After:
 
 
 
 
 


 



 What I love: Bringing Paris to Connecticut
 
What I would change: My trepidation to get started. A poster that I’ve had in my classroom says “Mistakes are proof that you’re trying”. I have never antiqued before which made me reconsider the white, but I’m glad I gave it a shot. I've had much worse disasters in my garage (pink spray paint accident), so my advice to you is try your hand at that project you don't want to get started. Just use a tarp is you're using fluorescent pink spray paint.
Status: For Sale, $600, Includes mattress, box spring, and accessories pictured.
Have you used a vacation or dream destination for your style inspiration? Did it pay off or are you putting it off? Post a picture below.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment