Pages

Cheap and Easy Wedding Gift

Saturday, February 7, 2015

 
 
Negative: Pretty but Pricey Etsy Listings
 
Positive: Sweet and Sentimental DIY Gifts
 
I wanted to give my officiant (who is also my uncle) a gift for doing us the honor of marrying us this June. I found the cutest frames on Etsy. They all consisted of a piece of wood, a quote, and a picture. The quotes vary from “Thank you for raising the man of my dreams” to “Today a bride, tomorrow a wife, always your little girl.” Although they were cute, they just didn’t convey the message I wanted to send to my uncle. Plus, the prices started at $60-$75.
How I made my positive:
Before:
I cut the board so that it would fit my two frames and a quote in the center.

 
I sanded, primed, and painted in white.

 
 
While I waited I pulled the stand on the back of the frames off so the frames would lay flat on the board.


 
I used two nails per picture frame to hold them in place.
 

After paint:
 
 

 
What I love: The total cost of my project was the price of the frames ($20). I already had the wood, primer, and paint. I will be making more as gifts but staining the wood instead of painting. Will update soon!
What I would change: I need a quote to go in the center. Any suggestions?
Status: Not for Sale

No comments:

Post a Comment