Pages

Shakespeare Inspired Nursery Canvas Art

Saturday, March 7, 2015

 
Negative: Broken Sewing Machine
Positive: Shakespeare Inspired Nursery Art
 
A coworker is pregnant with a baby girl and her nursery colors are light green and lavender. I had the prettiest fabric combo ready to make a quilt but 30 seconds into sewing my machine jammed. I cut the thread and kept on working. After a few more times the machine completely stopped. I lifted the fabric and the needle broke!
 
 
I had to finish the project that night with the supplies I had, here’s what you need:
1.       Fabric of choice
2.       Canvas
3.       Staple Gun
4.       Paint and Paintbrush
 


 
Since my co-worker is an English teacher and uses the text, A Midsummer Night's Dream, in class, I found this quote to be perfect.
 

 

 
I took a chance by free-handing it but it really paid off!
 
 
Before:


 
After:
 

 
What I love: This quote is everything to me. When you use quotes that are meaningful to your family, it ads character to your home.
What I would change: Next time, I’ll take a step back from my sewing machine before I break the needle!
Do you have an inspirational quote you live by? Share with me!
Status: Not for Sale
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment