Pages

Creative Ways to Stage your Furniture

Sunday, April 26, 2015

My client for the Hartford Ave Project bought the cutest mercury glass knobs, courtesy of Pier 1, for her dresser.

 
 To match the look for her dresser I spray painted vintage wine carafes with Krylon Looking Glass spray paint.
 


 

Now aren’t they adorable?
 


 
 
 
One of the ways I like to stage furniture is by using thrift store goods.
 
Creative Ways to Stage your Furniture:
 
Tip #1:
Use Thrifty Finds.
Second-hand pieces can be made new with a coat of spray paint, and not to mention you can save a ton of money. My mercury glass piece was $9 total, the closest match from Pier 1 was $25.
Tip #2:
Use your own personal touches. 
If you’re staging a family room piece, place your family's favorite game on top. A dresser, use a beach hat or gloves.
Tip #3:
Spend your money wisely.
Sometimes, I will buy a piece at retail value and then lump the price into the furniture for sale. So for example, when selling a desk add a lamp and a corkboard. The price of the furniture should take into account the price of the lamp and corkboard.
I recently did the same with pillows on a bed. The pillows were only for display, but it adds interest to the piece I’m selling.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment