Pages

Mid-Century Modern Office

Saturday, April 4, 2015


Negative: No Sewing “Space”

Positive: Office Space

Now that we’ve sold our spare bedroom set, I’m working on my dream office. I knew I wanted a desk that I could use for cutting fabric (long, rectangular, flat) and I finally found what I was looking for online.
 

 
This desk is from the same company where my fiancé works, circa 1950. What I love about the desk is that it pays homage to where it comes from; the company designs airplane parts. Don't the legs look just like airplane wings?

The desk alongside the geometric pattern on the chair inspired the Mid-Century Modern office.




I’m in desperate need of a space for my sewing machine, patterns, and supplies, but kept waiting for my mid-century piece.
 

 

Here it is:




Using the industrial/modern palette I'm having a hard time choosing which direction to turn.
 
 

So here are my design options, and I need your help!

1.       Two tone grey: Dark grey with lighter grey on the inside of the panels.

2.       Navy with gold legs and gold pulls.

3.       Grey with natural wood on the inside of the panels and the top drawer.


Voting ends Friday, April 10th, 11:59 pm EST.

No comments:

Post a Comment