Pages

Storage Saving Kitchen Island

Saturday, November 8, 2014


Negative: No room in our kitchen for both of us to prep food at the same time

Positive: Neighbors left this dresser/baby changing table at the trash
 

How I made my positive:

I stripped the Mother Goose print out of the drawers and pulled out the broken down wheels.

 
 

 
 
I gave it a good cleaning. Then sanding, priming, painting, sealing. Left the drawers as is, added new pulls.
 
 

The decision was made to keep two out of the three drawers. Drawer 1: Utensils, Drawer 2: Pans.

Beforehand we had a bucket with every size lid that we clanged through. Now we have three colorful crates organized by lid size.



What I love: I have somewhere to prepare my breakfast (more importantly, my coffee) and somewhere to make mashed potatoes while the turkey is being carved.

What I would change: Nothing! The decision to keep the wheels was the best! Now the island can be used as a bar, gift table, drink station, etc.



 


Status: Sold!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment