Pages

How Spring Can Inspire Home Design

Saturday, March 21, 2015


Negative: Connecticut Weather

Positive: Holiday Cheer

My Springtime wreath suffered the elements last year.
 

Believe it or not, Spring has begun in Connecticut and it snowed today!


I thought my wreath needed an upgrade. I decided to make a piece that could be hung outdoors, or indoors after Easter is over.

Hobby Lobby was the perfect stop for my crosses. I used Loctite to glue one cross to another.
 
To hang, I had leftover lace curtains from a previous project which I cut and tied.

 
Tips:
1. Try mixing shapes. The smooth curves create interest behind the sharper woodwork and intricate wrought iron.
 
2. Use different textures. I mixed wood with iron for a cold (iron) and warm (wood) contrast.
 
 
3. Think outside the wreath. The flower wreath is a tradition, as you can see I tried to go with lilies last year, but don't be afraid to stray from the traditional wreath. Opting for a cross allows you to use this décor year-round.


Before:

 

After:



Status: Not for Sale
 
It may not feel like spring, but a girl can try!
Happy Spring!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment