Pages

Milestone Picture Frame: Last Minute Christmas Gift

Sunday, December 18, 2016

This is the perfect gift for your husband/wife or parents if you can dig up some old pictures. The milestones I chose for my gift were our first date, our engagement, and our wedding.
All you will need is:
A picture frame with a mat
A marker
Pictures
 
I bought a calligraphy marker for this project but you don’t have to.  I was convinced I would teach myself calligraphy but that required more time than the hour I had before my husband got home. What I learned from the brief research I did is that you should first trace your letters in pencil, then use your marker.
 
Shade in your letters a few times (I did 3 times).
 
 
Also mix your fonts. I used larger cursive for the title of the picture and smaller capital print for the description.
If you don’t trust your own handwriting you can use scrapbook sticker letters. I almost went that route but I think doing it in your own handwriting makes it personal.


Can’t wait to give this to my husband on Christmas! Here’s to hoping he doesn’t read my blog!
Variations on the Milestone Picture Frame
·         Use it as a pregnancy announcement. Leave one open spot for “Future Grandchild” or a sonogram photo.
·         Frame each of your child’s footprints.
·         Surprise a pet lover and give them photos of their pets with their birthdays or adoption dates.
·         Remember all of your favorite family trips over the years.
·         Retake a childhood photo as an adult and place the photos side by side.

No comments:

Post a Comment