Pages

Create Your Own Craft Storage using Old Candles

Saturday, February 11, 2017

I love using candles in beautiful containers. I’ve seen tutorials about cleaning out the wax and reusing them but I never thought of how I could use them. In my workshop I have a space for all of my larger equipment, but the smaller pieces scatter. If you’re like me, you can use more storage in your craft room!

 
1.       Freeze Candles.
 
 

2.       Break wax apart with knife.
 


3.       Clean soot and leftover wax with baby oil.
 
 

4.       Clean with paper towel and dish soap.

5.       Reuse for storage!
 

Tips
  • Use a knife you don’t care about when breaking up the wax. We only had our nice silverware and I feel like I just wasted a good knife since it is covered in soot and wax.

  • The wick on one of my candles was glued to the bottom of the jar so it did not come up easily. Check for glue.

  • Wear gloves! My hands had leftover soot after washing them 3 times!
 
 

  • Old candle jars work well in the office (pens and paperclips), bathroom (Qtips and cotton swabs), and garage (nuts and bolts) too!
Perfect storage for my bobbins!


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment