Pages

Easy Sew Graphic Pillows

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Negative: Too-small sweater
Positive: Graphic Pillows
I love this sweater. It is comfy and cute. However, half-shirts and midriffs have a shelf life for a female over 16 years old.
 
 
 
Probably the last time I wore a midriff shirt.
 
Even with a shirt underneath, I can’t imagine wearing it out of the house. My dilemma: too cute to get rid of, but will never be worn.
I decided to make a graphic pillow as a compromise to myself.
 
Before:
 
 
How I made my positive:
1.       Cut two simple squares with graphic centered.
 
 


 
2.       Place your squares right sides together.
3.       Sew the top and two sides.
4.       Sew a portion of the bottom leaving about four-six inches.
 
 
5.       Flip the pillowcase inside out to reveal the graphic.
6.       Push the pillow into the pillow case.
7.       Hand stitch the bottom corner. (I used an “invisible” seam)
 
After:



 What I love: I get to keep my sweater.
 
 
What I would change: Nada. My couch looks perfect!
Status: Not for Sale
Tips for making your own:
·         Have old t-shirts piled up from marathon runs, concerts, charity events?
·         Has your child out-grown their favorite piece of clothing?
·         Is there something fancy in your closet from a special occasion that you’ll never wear again? It might make a posh pillow!

No comments:

Post a Comment