Pages

Monogrammed Wedding Cake Stand

Monday, June 15, 2015

 
Negative: $100 cake stands
 
Positive: Bonding time with my step dad
Of course I’m posting today even though it's the second day of my beautiful honeymoon in Hawaii! We can't seem to get used  to the time change. We woke up at 4:15 Hawaii time, 10:15 east coast time.


 
 So why not post a wedding related project.

 
Since my cake baker did not provide a cake stand, I needed to find one myself. After searching every department store and online shop, I decided it just wasn’t worth the time looking and the money being spent on something that will get 1 minute of attention. Since my step dad had already built me an arbor, and pillars (other highly expensive wedding items) I kindly asked (the week of the wedding) if he would build me a cake stand which rang in at the cost of $12.
 
First we cut the wood to the specifications: a 16 inch square, 5 inches high.
Sorry about Joe's shirtlessness, it was extremely hot.
 
Then we cut the edges at a 45 degree angle to make invisible seams.



 
We glued the sides together putting the top on last.


 
He finished the project with the nail gun.


 


 
Tip from Joe: To patch any crack in the seams, mix sawdust with wood glue and wipe over and into the cracks.
 

We needed to sand the box to be painted and we added a monogram with glue. (Dollar bin at Michaels Craft Store)

 
 

 
This monogrammed wedding cake stand is an easy project I recommend to any stressing bride. I had a two year engagement to plan all of the final details, and things like the “cake stand” still slipped through the cracks.
 


 
Check back for more wedding day creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment