Pages

Vacation Inspiration Art

Saturday, June 27, 2015


Negative: My Artwork

Positive: Vacation Memories

 
Something I love about canvas is that it’s so versatile. Above is a beach inspired painting that I made simply by drawing “x’s”.
Since I actually visited one of the most beautiful beaches I’ve ever seen, Waikiki Beach, I decided to upgrade our artwork.

What you’ll need for this project:

A photo print (mine is called an engineer print; engineer prints supposedly are not meant to be printed in color to catch all details but I think it came out great)

 
rope detail
 
building in the distance



A canvas


 
Mod Podge and applicator


 
First I borrowed a canvas from a previous project Chic Canvas Art, since I didn’t need it anymore.


 
I started to cut the fabric around the staples and then realized the staples just popped out if I pulled hard enough.

 
Next I prepped the canvas by painting two coats of mod podge on.

 


I centered the picture and allowed it to dry (about 10 minutes).
*** A note about bubbling: If you are looking for minimal bubbling, I recommend you use a harder backing than canvas such as wood, or do not use mod podge. In my experience, there are ALWAYS bubbles and imperfections when using mod podge***
I ended up using my fingers to smooth out the bubbling.
 


I put a layer on mod podge on top as well (Looks scary but it dries clear).


 
In about 30 minutes I had new artwork ready to hang.
Before:


 

After:


 

Here are more of my vacation photos, just for you!
 





 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment