Pages

Portable Ballet Barre

Sunday, July 19, 2015


Negative: Working Out
Positive: My Own Dance Studio
 
I will find absolutely any excuse not to workout. I have had gym memberships go unused and many loads of laundry completed when I should have been running outside. I’ve always loved to dance and ballet is a natural workout for me.
My husband kindly made me a ballet barre so I could outfit my own studio in our garage.
 
 
He started by making the legs in a T shape and attaching casters.


 
Next, he added a mounting block to one leg so the beam could be attached with two screws.


He repeated this with the other leg, making sure the beam was level.

He attached the bottom beam first and then the top.
Hints for beam height: If making this barre for a child or adult, the beam height may very. The top beam should be for the dancer's hand. Have them stand next to the barre and find a position that is comfortable. The bottom beam should be somewhere in the hip level, where a dancer could easily place their foot at 90 degrees.



Looking to have your own in home dance studio?

1.       Buy long mirrors from IKEA and place side by side for a mirrored wall.

2.       Use a white board to sequence a workout or write down steps to a routine.

3.       Don’t forget a fan if you’re dancing in your garage or basement. It can get hot very quickly!

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment