Pages

Custom Work Bench

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Negative: Beautiful Work Bench All Covered Up
Positive: Customized Work Bench
The best gifts are handmade because they are a product of someone’s hard work and dedication. One of the best Christmas gifts I’ve received was my work bench made by my husband and his friend. His behavior became a little suspicious when he went to go watch football at Brian’s almost every weekend.
On Christmas morning he brought me out to the garage and to my surprise a work bench was set up!
 
 
He had tried to use adhesive to center my logo on the top of the bench but the paper just didn’t come off all the way.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



7 months later I finally got around to customizing my bench.

Look how I treated it :(
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



I used a pre-stain (two coats) on the entire workbench.












 





I used a stain called “Honey” but decided it was way too light.
 




















See the splotches from leftover glue.













The second coat of stain was called “Espresso”. I only did one coat of this because the darker the stain the harder it would be to see the logo in black.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Then I painted my logo. I used an engineering print as a guide. I centered the logo and made holes in specific places within the words. The painting ended up like a huge connect the dots game.
















 

After I painted the logo, I traced it once more.
Two coats of poly and some dry time is all I need now.
 


 
Don’t be afraid to free-hand custom writing. Sometimes I create my own design and go with it. See this nursery artwork. At other times I print a template and try to copy it.
Have a home design need? I would love to give your home a custom look. Get in contact with me here.

No comments:

Post a Comment