Pages

From Bridesmaid Dress to Baby Blanket

Monday, March 21, 2016


 
Reusing your wedding day materials is important to me. It’s one day that we spend so much time, effort, and money on and then…. It’s all over!
Have a bridesmaid dress your friend promised you would totally wear again?!
Try using this memento from the bride’s special occasion in a new time in the mama-to-be’s life.
 
 
After the most gorgeous wedding, I had no other use for a long black gown. Since I didn’t think the color or fabric was a good choice for an entire blanket, I decided to make my own monogram applique to give the blanket a special touch.

First, I printed and cut out a letter to make my own monogram.
Then, I cut out the letter using the bridesmaid dress as my fabric.
 
I stitched the letter on cotton fabric using my sewing machine. Then I created my blanket.

*Tip: Fold and iron the edges of the letter underneath to reduce the risk of the edges becoming frayed.
 
Baby Bella is more loved than she knows! 
 
 
 
 
Not a seamstress? No Problem! Buy an iron on adhesive and use it on the back of the letter. Use a premade cotton blanket and save time. Just as special with less work!

No comments:

Post a Comment