Pages

Fall Flannel Blanket

Saturday, September 23, 2017

 
 
In honor of the first day of fall, yesterday, I wanted to share an easy DIY fall flannel blanket tutorial.
You will need a few flannel t-shirts, the bigger the better. You will also need a piece of fleece fabric.
 

 
 
I took four shirts and cut equal size pieces. Then, I sewed them together.


Since I made a baby blanket I did not need it to be too large. You may want to use more shirts depending on the size blanket you are looking to make.
After I sewed the shirts together I put the good side of the fleece to the good side of the flannel and pinned them. I sewed the two pieces together, trimmed the edges, and flipped it inside out.

Lastly, I sewed the entire perimeter of the blanket with a decorative stitch.

 
 
Kitten approved!
This blanket will be the best thing I could give my son. When my grandpa passed away last year, I knew I would want to keep something to remember him by. I took some of his flannels since that is what he was known for wearing. Now he will always have a place in our home.



 I used a wildlife print for the fleece in homage to my grandpa's style. His log cabin was decorated with deer, bears, and eagles.


Check back in for nursery updates. With less than 8 weeks to go we can't wait to meet our sweet boy!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment