Pages

Galaxy Mural

Sunday, October 8, 2017


We are adding to the space theme of our son’s bedroom by creating a galaxy mural. I saw a tutorial here which I used as inspiration to make my own.
A local artist, teacher, talented photographer, and friend Tina helped me achieve the look I was going for. See her amazing work here.
I started by painting the wall a dark blue ahead of time.
 
Then, we mixed that blue with white to make a lighter blue.
 
 Tina painted random streaks across the wall and I used a slightly wet rag to smear the streak in a somewhat circular pattern.
 

 


 
After that dried we took the back of a small paint brush and used an acrylic white paint in pearl finish to add dots (stars) all over the wall.

 
 
 I'm looking forward to revealing the whole nursery in the next couple of weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment