Pages

Growth Ruler

Sunday, November 5, 2017

Somehow, I ran out of room in my son’s nursery for everything I wanted to put in there. Then I realized this would be a great opportunity to dress up our otherwise empty hallway. Also, this will be a good spot for all of our kids to check their height because it’s in a common area.


 
For this project I used a 7 foot tall by 5 inches wide piece of common board.
I printed the numbers 1-6 to indicate feet and traced them onto the wood.

 
 

I used a paint pen to create the numbers.
Then, I traced the inch, quarter inch, half inch, and three-quarter inch marks.
 
The paint pen was too thick for the inch marks so I used a small paint brush and black paint.
At first I was going to seal the wood with polyurethane, but I decided against it. I thought it might be difficult to use a pen or pencil to write the growth if it was sealed.

 
 

Growth rulers are easy to make and a great way to get your kids involved in the project. Be on the lookout for a kid-friendly DIY Party after the new year where we will be making growth rulers. Don’t have kids? Make them as a gift for friend, family member, or teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment