Pages

2 Year Blogging Anniversary

Sunday, November 6, 2016

This year, I will be gifting a student with a poetry inspired bookcase!
A little bit about this student, let's call her "A".  
A is a senior setting her sights on schools like Yale and Harvard (having interviewed with both).
She takes one of my classes and stays after class to talk to me about how she can help me with my other classes. She has mentored my younger students by sharing her poetry and helping them with their own writing.
 
Through some conversation I found out she has a desk but not a  bookshelf. I wanted to give her something compact that she would need and could take with her to a college dorm.
 
This poetry inspired bookcase is decoupaged with poems from some of her favorite authors. Then I hand painted some lines of poetry that I think speak to her character. She is a young woman who has had to go through a lot of challenges and will continue to work through any obstacles to get what she wants, a Journalism degree from one of our top Universities!
 
Good Luck A! I know you will make a difference in the world!
 
 




 
 

1 comment: