Pages

Guest Bedroom Paint Colors

Saturday, November 12, 2016

After a housewarming party, baby shower, Halloween party, and new kitten, we are finally getting around to the first guest bedroom. Because of the lingering nightmares of taking down the wallpaper in the living room, see here, I was not excited to do that all over again. However…choosing paint colors usually gets me in the mood to start tearing down wallpaper. Plus, the current wallpaper was used in our Halloween party so the fake blood really won’t bode well for guests after October 31st. Plus, it’s only one wall of wallpaper. It can't be that bad right?
 


 

 
The previous owners had somewhat of an idea of what we are looking to do, a feature wall. Their feature wall just happened to be wallpapered. We picked Polo Blue for the feature wall and were looking for a neutral for the three walls that was NOT GRAY. We already used Revere Pewter in the living room, a perfect greige (see here), and then Thunder, dark gray, in our master bedroom.
Our choices were Gray Sky (I know, I know), Sweet Innocence, and Genesis White. (All colors are Benjamin Moore by the way).


 

 
For me, the Sweet Innocence was a little too purple-y. And my husband thought it was a little gray. So we had to choose between Gray Sky and Genesis White. And we chose….


 
Gray Sky!
 

Gray Sky is on the left with Polo Blue right next to it.


Gray Sky is on the left with Polo Blue right next to it.

I guess we just can’t shake the gray! I really like it because I feel like its brightness will contrast well with the dark blue. And, it has a light blue sheen to it.

 Check back in with us soon for the final result!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment