Pages

Lazy Girl Guide to Trim

Saturday, December 20, 2014


Negative: Stopping my sewing to take out pins

Positive: The Throw and Sew Method

Before: I used my tomato cushion, sewing basket, and this plastic case to hold all of my pins.
 
 

The motion of pushing a pin into a cushion was just too much for me while I was taking pins out of my project, especially when it came to trim.
 

How I made my positive:
I bought a metal office tray (I’m assuming for paperclips?), a candle holder, and a child’s magnetic toy. The adhesive magnetic dots were less than 2 bucks at a craft store.
 
 
 
I placed the magnets on the bottom of the metal tray and on the bottom and sides of the candle holder.
 

 
 
The magnetic pad got a makeover by hot gluing fabric to cover it.
 
 

After:
A beautiful trim on my Christmas Tree Skirt.
 

What I love: I can throw my pins and they are automatically caught. The metal tray matches my desk the most, the blue candle holder is the prettiest, and the magnet is the most practical.
 
This is only the beginning of my office transformation (since I sold the last set of furniture and still have more to sell from this room: Sold Furniture and Furniture for Sale) Check back in the new year for more updates on my home office!

 
 
What I would change: I would buy more of the magnetic toys since they are the most practical and completely customizable by the fabric you choose. The magnet also weighs down the fabric while I pin it.

  
Status: Not for Sale

What do you wish could be made simpler? I’ll work on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment